Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Billing > Credit Card declined
Credit Card declined
Unfortunately when the payment processing company declines a transaction on behalf of your bank or card issuer, it does not tell us why. You will need to contact your bank or card issuer to find out the specific reason your card was declined, since they are the one declining the transaction, and not us.
For a credit/debit card that was declined, consider the following issues that users often encounter when making purchases online:
These are only possible reasons why your card was declined. Since the bank or card issuer did not tell us why, you will need to contact them for the reason your transaction failed.
- Enter the entire card number without any spaces or dashes
- Verify your card hasn't expired, and enter the correct expiration date
- Enter the correct Card Verification Code (CVC) (3 digit code on back side of your card)
- Confirm the billing address listed on payment page matches the billing address that appears on your credit/debit card statement
- There are enough funds available to process the transaction.
Print this Article